How We’d Use Twitonomy:That’s the golden question isn’t it. What can and cannot you do with this tool, and how do you make it work for you the best possible?
- Analyze Competitors. Duh. This is the first thing we do. Compare trends between our competitors and us. See what we’re doing differently, and if they’re doing something differently that’s working well for them – well then we should be doing it too!
- Track Weekly Metrics. Take a look at the retweets, mentions, favs, hashtags and links that we used over the course of a week and compare it to the previous week. In the event one week worked better than the other – dive into the nitty-gritty of it all and figure out why. After all, there’s all the data you need.
- User Metrics. Are there particular users we’re replying to or mentioning the most? They must be doing something right – and therefore deserve to be awarded a little. Give them a free trial of our service, product or a subscription to what we’re offering.
- Tweet Metrics. In the event a particular tweet got faved/RT’d the most – perhaps tweet it again in the neat future, and structure future tweets in a similar manner or in a similar way. Talk about that topic a little more perhaps.
- Scheduling. This is an important one. Since Twitonomy gives so much information about what time of the day your followers are the most active or which day of the week they’re most active in – schedule the most important tweets to go out at that particular time.