What a shocking week! Against all odds, Croatia and Morocco defeated fan-favorites Brazil and Portugal. Aside from France’s 2-1 victory against England, every other match in the Quarter Finals ended in penalties. Morocco’s upset victory against Portugal was definitely the highlight of last week’s conversation, but let’s not look at the past – it is time to look forward to the next match!
Using Radarr, our AI-powered social listening platform, we’ve captured conversations analyzing and predicting the result for the upcoming Semi-Finals. After aggregating all of these predictions and analyses, we are now showing you the victory percentage of the World Cup 2022 Semi Final and Final matches!*
- Both Semi-Final matches were similar in terms of playing style. Argentina and France are predicted to be on the offensive, trying to tear down layers of defensive walls erected by Croatia and Marocco. The defensive teams are unparalleled in the penalty duel, making it their end-game strategy. On the other hand, the offensive teams will have to score a goal in the first half of the match to secure their positions and put pressure on their opponents.
- Morocco and Croatia have never lost a match in World Cup 2022. Croatia has only lost three goals in the World Cup 2022, with only one happening after the first half during their duel against Brazil in the Quarter Finals. Even then, Croatia managed to send Brazil home through a penalty duel.
- Meanwhile, Morocco managed to keep an almost 100% clean sheet and only lost their goal once in their match against Canada. Not a single country has ever scored a goal against Morocco (including Portugal’s 74% ball possession and 12 shot attempts in the Quarter-Final), proofing their ultra-tight defense.
- But what awaits these defensive teams are no other than the ultra-offensive teams as well. Argentina’s Messi scoring capability is undeniable, being the second top-scorer in the World Cup 2022. He is supported mainly by Mac Allister, providing powerful shots in tandem with Messi’s penetrative dribble. Argentina has the highest goal attempts, with 32 shots-on-goal over five matches. Argentina is still hiding a card up its sleeves in the form of Paulo Dybala.
- France is even more impressive as the country with the highest number of goals scored in the World Cup 2022. Eleven goals over five matches mean that, on average, they have scored at least two goals in every game. Kylian Mbappe is their top scorer and World Cup 2022 top scorer. They also packed other players focused on the offensive, such as Dembele, Girourd, and Griezmann.
*Although our predictions have been thoroughly researched, it is not guaranteed to be accurate.